Dedicated Virginia Criminal Defense Lawyer Protects Clients’ Rights
Skilled Woodbridge attorney represents Virginians on a range of charges
If you face an assault charge or risk losing your license due to a DUI or traffic offense, your best defense comes from an attorney who’s handled cases like yours and is committed to protecting your rights. The Saunders Law Firm, PLLC Attorney and Counselor at Law is familiar with the Woodbridge courts and knows what to anticipate when it comes to defending Virginians against a range of alleged offenses, both misdemeanors and felonies. In fighting criminal charges statewide, I can help you navigate the judicial system whether you are dealing with your first arrest or have prior convictions. I am ready to offer you the advocacy and advice you deserve for DUI and other traffic offenses, fraud and identity theft, assault and battery, and other charges.
Accomplished DUI attorney fights charges in misdemeanor driving offenses
No matter what type of driving offense you’re charged with, my diligent representation protects your rights from the moment you are arrested for:
- A traffic offense — Traffic violation convictions can lead to points on your license, driver’s license suspension, and increased insurance rates, in addition to creating a criminal record. I am skilled at negotiating with prosecutors for reduced or dismissed charges.
- DUI/DWI — The severity of a driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) charge in Virginia depends on how high a driver’s blood alcohol content is, and whether it is a first or subsequent offense. I have experience fighting inaccurate breathalyzer readings and the subjective observations of arresting officers to help my clients successfully challenge drunk or drugged driving charges.
Both traffic offenses and DUI/DWI convictions are typically misdemeanor charges, but they may rise to the level of felonies under certain circumstances. Those circumstances include multiple subsequent convictions, as in the case of an alleged habitual DWI offender, or conduct that is deemed especially egregious, such as reckless driving that causes serious injury or death.
Knowledgeable Virginia criminal defender handles felonies and misdemeanors
Offenses in Virginia can be classified as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the severity of the circumstances involved. Some of the charges I handle for clients include:
- Assault and battery — Many defendants are surprised to learn they can be convicted of assault in Virginia without causing physical injury to the alleged victim. The offense of battery requires a harmful contact with the victim’s body, but establishing reasonable self-defense can be grounds for acquittal. I fight assault and battery charges without backing down, knowing that a conviction can impact your record and reputation.
- Fraud — Virginia maintains several criminal offenses that involve fraudulent conduct, including computer hacking, credit card fraud, using or creating fake IDs, passing bad checks, and other white collar crimes. I will investigate the strength of the evidence against you in a fraud case and fight to clear your name.
- Identity theft — This type of fraud charge involves the misuse of personal information such as Social Security numbers, birth dates, full names, driver’s license information, banking or PIN numbers, and other data. I will argue vigorously that you lacked the intent to misuse information.
These offenses carry serious penalties in Virginia, requiring prompt representation from an attorney who has successfully defended clients on such charges. When you seek my help, I will get started right away to build a defense dedicated to the best possible outcome under the facts of your case.
Contact a skilled Woodbridge criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
Whether you are facing a traffic violation citation or fraud charge, The Saunders Law Firm, PLLC Attorney and Counselor at Law is committed to providing a skilled defense. To set up a free initial consultation at my Woodbridge office, call 703-672-0808 or contact me online.